Roles within Cincinnati Life encompass the entire range of positions from entry level to highly specialized professional and technical positions.
- Life Claims associates process life, annuity and disability benefits for policyholders. Associates work closely with our agencies, insureds and beneficiaries to provide prompt and reliable service when a claim is made.
Am I equipped for this role? Associates are hired for their prior experience in claims processing of life and disability claims. They are encouraged to complete courses through the International Claims Association and Life Office Management Association. Strong communications skills are essential.
- Life Field Services associates support our life field marketing representatives and the independent agency sales force in the areas of marketing support, sales materials and product information.
Am I equipped for this role? Typically, Life Field Service associates have bachelor's degrees or equivalent experience in life insurance. Associates in this department possess strong communications skills and work in a team environment with a variety of people, including agents, company associates, policyholders and representatives of outside vendors.
- Life Policy Services associates assist agents and policyholders with their life insurance policies. Associates in this department handle a high volume of phone calls as well as process all changes on in-force life insurance policies. In this role, it’s imperative to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
Am I equipped for this role? Associates in this department possess strong customer service and communications skills, the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and a background in life insurance. They are encouraged to complete Life Office Management Association and Fellow, Life Management Institute classes.
- Life Premium Accounting associates ensure that the correct amount of premium is billed, collected and applied for life policies. Associates in this department work closely with our agency partners and insureds to resolve any billing, payment or policy loan discrepancies. These positions range from LPA representative I-IV, focusing on the complex processes of the department.
Am I equipped for this role? Skills and educational requirements vary depending on the position, but Life Premium Accounting associates have strong math skills, pay attention to detail, can problem solve and possess great communications skills.
- Life Underwriting associates gather information from applicants and evaluate whether the company will offer coverage through our independent agency sales force. They evaluate risk for life insurance, using medical, financial and mortality factors to determine overall acceptability.
Am I equipped for this role? Underwriters typically have bachelor's degrees, equivalent experience or have a background in life insurance. Underwriters work in a team environment with a variety of people from agents and company associates to medical professionals and representatives of outside vendors. Since underwriting decisions must be ethical and honest, underwriters must also possess a high level of personal integrity.
- Life Policy Issue associates receive and process new applications for coverage for The Cincinnati Life Insurance Company. They give prompt, reliable and friendly service to all agency customers and ensure that policies are delivered quickly and efficiently.
Am I equipped for this role? Associates in the Policy Issue roles have strong administrative, customer service and relationship-building skills and generally have prior office experience.