You insure your home against fire and your auto against collision. Have you
overlooked your most important asset—your ability to work and earn an
According to The National Underwriter Company's 2015 Field Guide, in the
- one person in 114 will die
- one out of 96 homes will catch fire
- one car in five will be in an auto accident
- one person in 21 will become disabled
Have you planned for your most likely risk? LifeHorizons Disability Income
insurance provides a source of income when you lose income due to sickness or
Can you count on Social Security?
The Social Security program assumes that working families have access to other
support and resources like workers' compensation, savings, investments and
insurance during periods of short-term disabilities.
If you plan to use Social Security benefits to provide disability income,
you should know that in order to be considered eligible for benefits, you must
be unable to engage in any type of work and your disability must be expected to
last at least 12 months or to result in death. And seven out of 10 eligible
applicants are initially denied coverage. Could you wait six months for your
Plan your coverage
If you and your family depend on earned income, you should consider owning
disability income insurance.To select the appropriate coverage for your
situation, discuss your answers to these questions with your local independent
- How much of your income will you need to protect?
- How long could you wait for disability benefits to start?
- How long will you need disability benefits to continue?
- Will you need to cover continuing overhead expenses for your business during