Minimize Property Losses
While you can't prevent all property losses from occurring, you can minimize
the severity of property losses by following these tips:
- Commit to controlling losses. If problems arise, handle them quickly and
- Update electrical wiring, heating, plumbing and the roof at least every 20
to 25 years.
- Maintain good housekeeping. Regularly remove dust, dirt and debris;
properly and promptly handle and dispose of waste; and properly store supplies,
especially those that are flammable.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on your buildings and equipment.
Preventive maintenance will minimize losses and improve the efficiency and life
of your buildings and equipment.
- Maintain safety equipment such as emergency exit lighting, a fire alarm
system and fire extinguishers.
- Maintain an adequate number of extinguishers and train your employees on
how to use them.
- Install and maintain protective devices such as an automatic sprinkler
Contact an Agent
Cincinnati Insurance serves you exclusively through a select group of
independent agencies that perform as premier insurance organizations in their
local communities. To obtain a quote, report a claim or learn more about
the value of Cincinnati's insurance policies and reliable claims service,
please find your local independent
agency today. Coverage and credit availability varies by state.
Underwriting requirements apply. This is not a policy.
Our loss control service is advisory only. We assume no responsibility for
management or control of customer loss control activities or for implementation
of recommended corrective measures. These materials were gathered from trade
services and public information. We have not tried to identify all exposures.
We do not warrant that this information is consistent with Cincinnati
underwriting guidelines or with any federal, state or local law, regulation or