Information provided on a Site is strictly for educational and information purposes only. Information posted on a Site, whether by CFC or other users, is nothing more than an exchange of general information and ideas. Under no circumstance is information on any Site intended to, nor shall it, provide any professional advice, be it risk management, legal or financial, as each situation or circumstance is unique and requires its own analysis and assessment.
Engagement Guidelines – In General
While CFC encourages meaningful exchange of ideas on any Site, we expect users of a Site to abide by all of the engagement guidelines contained in this section. When using a Site, you agree to:
- Be respectful to other users;
- Not post someone else’s or your confidential or private information, including insurance policy or financial information (such as policy number, payment, contact, claim information, account or credit card details or information that identifies or could identify an individual personally);
- Not post advertising, promotional or other type of solicitation to other authorized users of a Site, unless in certain areas of a Site where such posting may be specifically authorized;
- Not take any action that would disrupt or interfere with the normal use of a Site by other authorized users;
- Not post material that contains the copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual properties of others, unless you have secured their permission;
- Not sublicense, transfer or otherwise make available any content on a Site to any third party for commercial purposes or financial gain or use the content in any other media or in any other location other than as permitted on a Site;
- Not post content that is defamatory, insulting, discriminatory, abusive, obscene, profane or demeaning;
- Not post any audio or visual content that features any individual unless you have such individual’s permission;
- Not register as or on behalf of anyone else, impersonate anyone else, seek to take on a false identity, or misrepresent yourself, your identity or your age;
- Not post material or links to a site that contain viruses or malicious software; and
- Use a Site only for lawful purposes and not to upload any unlawful content or in any other way use a Site so as to violate any applicable laws.
Engagement Guidelines – Blog
We gladly welcome comments and dialogue related to our blog. Please note that we aren’t able to reply to claims or service issues through our blog. CFC blogs are written by a variety of employees at different levels and positions in the company, so you can expect many viewpoints. Please keep in mind that this is a moderated blog. As such, we reserve the right to review all comments, prior to posting, to ensure the engagement guidelines are met. Please excuse any delay that may result.
Here are a couple of things you should know about our blog engagement:
- Remember that this blog is a public forum Be careful not to share your private personal or policy information. CFC does not provide customer service through our blog. If you need to get in touch with us about an individual situation, the safest way to reach us is through one of our independent agents or via our Contact Us page.
- Please be respectful and understand that to keep our blog a safe place for everyone, we will not post any comments that include private personal information, profanity, solicitations, objectionable or inappropriate content, or content that is derogatory to other people, agencies or companies. Anonymous comments will not be posted.
- Comments from readers of our blog are solely attributable to and represent the views of the commenter only. Such comments do not represent the views, positions or strategies of CFC or its leadership, and are not adopted or endorsed by CFC. CFC does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any comments posted on our blog. Please note that we cannot accept comments from individuals under the age of 13.
- This website includes links to external websites. These links are provided only to assist users in locating additional information. CFC is not responsible for any of the content of these external websites. Also, some external links may be to websites that offer commercial services. The inclusion of a link to an external website should not be understood as an endorsement by CFC of that website or their products or services.
- There is a place for customer service-related questions, complaints, concerns or ideas from customers. If you are a customer and have a customer service comment, complaint, concern or idea, we encourage you to use our traditional customer service channels to ensure that we can respond in a timely manner. Please note that any customer service posts published on a CFC page by customers may be removed when discovered. As always, if you would like to comment about customer service or any other issue you can visit our Contact Us page.
- We reserve the right to remove content posted to our blog that violates these guidelines. Because we operate in a highly regulated industry, we may also, at our discretion, need to refrain from posting comments for a variety of reasons. As such, CFC must reserve its right to amend or change these guidelines at any time.
Third-Party or User Content
Any party other than CFC must identify itself when providing content to any Site. Content posted by users, including but not limited to, bloggers, on a Site is not reviewed or verified by CFC for accuracy or completeness and may not represent the opinions or ideals of CFC. CFC does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any statements or claims posted; any information displayed, uploaded, downloaded or distributed through a Site by any user or any other person or entity; and is not responsible for and does not endorse any user provided content. CFC hereby disclaims responsibility and liability for any content and opinions expressed by others on any Site including but not limited to, content or opinions regarding any products or services mentioned on a Site. CFC hereby disclaims liability for any damages or losses, direct or indirect, that may result from use of or reliance on information contained on a Site. Tweeting or re-tweeting a post on any Site whether by users or CFC shall not implicitly or explicitly endorse or approve such post.
Information posted on a Site is in the public domain. If you post information on a Site, you do so at your own risk. You are solely responsible for the content that you post. By posting content on a Site, you warrant that you have permission to post the content on such Site.
We may monitor the Sites but we are not obligated to police them. In our sole discretion, we may refuse, move or remove any user content submitted to a Site and we may terminate, limit, block or suspend any user’s access to all or any part of a Site at any time and for any reason whatsoever, without notice or liability, including without limitation, your breach to this Agreement. We may also change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the services provided on a Site at any time without any notice or liability, including the availability of any feature, blog, data base or content.
Limitation of Liability
CFC is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any person who uses a Site or your reliance on the information from any Site. Your use of any Site is at your own risk. CFC specifically disclaims any liability, whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to, use of or reliance on any Site (even if CFC or a CFC representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages) or that arise in connection with mistakes or omissions in, or delays in transmission of, information to or from the user, interruptions in telecommunications connections to a Site or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property, whether caused in whole or in part by negligence, acts of God, telecommunications failure, theft or destruction of, or unauthorized access to a Site. This limitation of liability may be different in connection with specific products and services offered by CFC. Some states do not allow the limitation of liability, so the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold CFC, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and its and their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, consultants, agents and other representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, demands, liabilities, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of this agreement, including any violation of the Terms and Conditions; (b) any allegation that any content or other materials you submit to us or transmit to the Sites infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or (c) your activities in connection with the Sites.
Back to TOP