WEBSITE USAGE AGREEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
USING THIS WEBSITE. By accessing or using this website, you agree to these
use this website. Cincinnati Financial Corporation, its subsidiaries and
affiliates (collectively hereinafter “CFC”) reserves the right to change the
responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions.
The information on these pages is intended to be accurate at the time
posted. It is for general informational purposes only. Because of the nature of
this information, it may not be applicable in your area or current at the time
you read it. Before purchasing or selling any insurance product in reliance on
this information, please verify applicability. This is not an offer or
solicitation to sell insurance, nor is it a representation or guarantee of any
specific type or price of a product or service, not all of which are available
in every area. Click here for state Licensing
Information for each insurance subsidiary or choose Find an Agency to see if products are
marketed in a specific location. Additionally, none of the information
contained at this site is intended, or should be construed, as an offer to
sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, any securities of Cincinnati
Financial Corporation. The information on this site may change without prior
"The Cincinnati Insurance Companies" and "Cincinnati" refer to
member companies of our insurer group providing property and casualty coverages
through The Cincinnati Insurance Company or one of its wholly owned
subsidiaries – The Cincinnati Indemnity Company, The Cincinnati Casualty
Company or The Cincinnati Specialty Underwriters Insurance Company – and
life and disability income insurance and annuities through The Cincinnati Life
Insurance Company. Not all subsidiaries operate in all states. Each insurer has
sole financial responsibility for its own products. Cincinnati Financial
Corporation and subsidiaries are located at 6200 S Gilmore Road, Fairfield, OH
45014-5141. For information, quotes or policy service, please contact your
local independent agent. For other matters, please send mail to P.O. Box
145496, Cincinnati, OH 45250-5496. Not all of Cincinnati’s products or services
are available in every area. Insurance terms and limits vary by jurisdiction.
Descriptions of coverage on these pages are limited by the terms, conditions,
definitions and exclusions of Cincinnati’s policies. Coverage descriptions and
product information are not representations of the law. They are not intended
to constitute legal, accounting or financial advice. Statements regarding
potential liability responsibility are based on general common law tort
principles and/or standard statutes, both of which can be very fact-specific
and vary by jurisdiction. The general information given here may not apply in
Hyperlinks Are Not Endorsements
When you activate one or more of the hyperlinks provided in this site, you
are leaving the website of CFC and entering the website of another
organization. These external websites are not maintained by CFC and contain
information created, published or otherwise posted by organizations and
entities independent of CFC. CFC does not approve, endorse or certify any
products, services or information contained in the websites of any other
organizations. CFC is not responsible for the content, accuracy, legality,
safety, security, functionality, timeliness, reliability, fitness for any
particular purpose, merchantability or privacy of any such website or
Selected pages of the Investors area of CFC’s website are maintained on the
servers of independent service providers. Some links in this area lead to
resources and information provided by third-party data providers. While CFC
monitors this content, it has no control over the information and is in no
manner responsible for information labeled as provided by third-party data
Copyrights and Trademarks; Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notifications
Copyright © 2013 Cincinnati Financial Corporation. All rights reserved. The contents of
all material available on this website are copyrighted by CFC unless otherwise indicated.
All rights are reserved by CFC, and content may not be reproduced, downloaded, disseminated,
published, or transferred in any form or by any means, except with the prior written permission
of CFC. Copyright infringement is a violation of federal law subject to criminal and civil penalties.
Benefit Access Account, CFCNet, CinciBill, CinciBond, CinciBridge,
CinciExpress, CinciLink, CinciPak, CinciPlus, CinciPrint, CinciSafe,
Cinci$mart, CinciSource, CinciView, e-CLAS, Executive Classic, Executive
Homeowner Policy, iView, QuickGlass, Surety Made Simple, WinCPP, XC, and XC+
are registered and unregistered trademarks of The Cincinnati Insurance Company.
A bridge design mark, CFC Investment Company (word and design marks),
Cincinnati Financial Corporation (word and design marks), CSU Producer
Resources Inc. (word and design marks), The Cincinnati Casualty Company (word
and design marks), The Cincinnati Indemnity Company (word and design marks),
The Cincinnati Insurance Companies (word and design marks), The Cincinnati
Insurance Company (word and design marks), The Cincinnati Life Insurance
Company (word and design marks), and The Cincinnati Specialty Underwriters
Insurance Company (word and design marks) are registered and unregistered
trademarks of Cincinnati Financial Corporation. All other brand and product
names that appear throughout this website are trademarks, registered
trademarks or service marks of their respective holders.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), notifications of claimed copyright infringement
should be sent to the website’s designated agent. CFC has adopted a procedure for submission of claims of
copyright infringement, as described herein. Please note that any submissions or attempted notifications
which fail to comply with these procedures may not, in our sole discretion, be considered sufficient notice
and may not be deemed to confer upon CFC actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing
material or acts are evidenced.
CFC respects the intellectual property of third parties, and we expect visitors to our website to do the same.
CFC will investigate notices of alleged infringement of third party copyrighted material and take appropriate
action under the DMCA. Such action may include disabling access to portions of our website which include infringing
material or removing such infringing material from our website altogether.
If you believe your copyrighted material has been used on our website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed.
- The location on our website where the copyrighted work identified in item #1 is found.
Specifically, a complete URL or URLs in the case of multiple works, must be provided.
- Your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address, or any other additional information which will allow us to contact you.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the copyrighted material identified is being used in a manner that is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that the notification is accurate, and that you are either the copyright owner or the authorized representative of the copyright owner.
- Your physical or electronic signature attesting to items #4 and #5.
Please note that we will not use the personally identifiable information contained in your response to item #3 for any purpose other than to process, investigate, and respond to your DMCA notification. Our Designated Agent for notice of claims of infringement on the website is accessible through email at: email@example.com. Please use “DMCA Notification” in the subject of your email.
Not Legal Advice
Content contained on or made available through this website is not intended
to and does not constitute legal advice and no attorney-client relationship is
formed. The accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the content is not
warranted or guaranteed. Your use of information on the website or materials
linked from the website is at your own risk.
Errors and Corrections
CFC does not represent or warrant that this website or the content will be
error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will
be corrected or that it will always be accessible. CFC does not warrant or
represent that the content available on or through this website will be
correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. CFC may make improvements
and/or changes to its features, functionality or content at any time.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
This website is provided on an "as is” basis. CFC expressly disclaims
all warranties, including the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a
particular purpose and non-infringement. Provider disclaims all responsibility
for any loss, injury, claim, liability or damage of any kind resulting from,
arising out of or any way related to (a) any errors in or omissions from this
website and the content, including but not limited to technical inaccuracies
and typographical errors, (b) any third-party websites or content therein
directly or indirectly accessed through links in this website, including but
not limited to any errors in or omissions, (c) the unavailability of the website
or any portion of it, (d) your use of this website, or (e) your use of
any equipment or software in connection with the website. CFC shall not be
liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting
from your use of the website. Provider shall not be liable for any special,
direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages of
any kind whatsoever (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees) in any way
due to, resulting from, or arising in connection with the use of or inability
to use the website or the content.
The Internet is an unsecure medium. CFC does not assume any responsibility
for any harm, loss, or damage you may experience or incur by the sending of
personal or confidential information over the Internet to or by CFC or its
personal information collected on our website.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, void or
unenforceable, that provision will be considered severable from the remaining
provisions, and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and
Return to top of page
Information provided on a Site is strictly for educational and information purposes only. Information posted on a Site, whether by CFC or other users, is nothing more than an exchange of general information and ideas. Under no circumstance is information on any Site intended to, nor shall it, provide any professional advice, be it risk management, legal or financial, as each situation or circumstance is unique and requires its own analysis and assessment.
Engagement Guidelines – In General
While CFC encourages meaningful exchange of ideas on any Site, we expect users of a Site to abide by all of the engagement guidelines contained in this section. When using a Site, you agree to:
- Be respectful to other users;
- Not post someone else’s or your confidential or private information, including insurance policy or financial information (such as policy number, payment, contact, claim information, account or credit card details or information that identifies or could identify an individual personally);
- Not post advertising, promotional or other type of solicitation to other authorized users of a Site, unless in certain areas of a Site where such posting may be specifically authorized;
- Not take any action that would disrupt or interfere with the normal use of a Site by other authorized users;
- Not post material that contains the copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual properties of others, unless you have secured their permission;
- Not sublicense, transfer or otherwise make available any content on a Site to any third party for commercial purposes or financial gain or use the content in any other media or in any other location other than as permitted on a Site;
- Not post content that is defamatory, insulting, discriminatory, abusive, obscene, profane or demeaning;
- Not post any audio or visual content that features any individual unless you have such individual’s permission;
- Not register as or on behalf of anyone else, impersonate anyone else, seek to take on a false identity, or misrepresent yourself, your identity or your age;
- Not post material or links to a site that contain viruses or malicious software; and
- Use a Site only for lawful purposes and not to upload any unlawful content or in any other way use a Site so as to violate any applicable laws.
Engagement Guidelines – Blog
We gladly welcome comments and dialogue related to our blog. Please note that we aren’t able to reply to claims or service issues through our blog. CFC blogs are written by a variety of employees at different levels and positions in the company, so you can expect many viewpoints. Please keep in mind that this is a moderated blog. As such, we reserve the right to review all comments, prior to posting, to ensure the engagement guidelines are met. Please excuse any delay that may result.
Here are a couple of things you should know about our blog engagement:
- Remember that this blog is a public forum Be careful not to share your private personal or policy information. CFC does not provide customer service through our blog. If you need to get in touch with us about an individual situation, the safest way to reach us is through one of our independent agents or via our Contact Us page.
- Please be respectful and understand that to keep our blog a safe place for everyone, we will not post any comments that include private personal information, profanity, solicitations, objectionable or inappropriate content, or content that is derogatory to other people, agencies or companies. Anonymous comments will not be posted. Because we operate in a highly regulated industry, we may also, at our discretion, need to refrain from posting comments for a variety of reasons. As such, CFC must reserve its right to amend or change these guidelines at any time.
- Comments from readers of our blog are solely attributable to and represent the views of the commenter only. Such comments do not represent the views, positions or strategies of CFC or its leadership, and are not adopted or endorsed by CFC. CFC does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any comments posted on our blog. Please note that we cannot accept comments from individuals under the age of 13.
- This website includes links to external websites. These links are provided only to assist users in locating additional information. CFC is not responsible for any of the content of these external websites. Also, some external links may be to websites that offer commercial services. The inclusion of a link to an external website should not be understood as an endorsement by CFC of that website or their products or services.
- There is a place for customer service-related questions, complaints, concerns or ideas from customers. If you are a customer and have a customer service comment, complaint, concern or idea, we encourage you to use our traditional customer service channels to ensure that we can respond in a timely manner. Please note that any customer service posts published on a CFC page by customers may be removed when discovered. As always, if you would like to comment about customer service or any other issue you can visit our Contact Us page.
- We reserve the right to remove content posted to our blog that violates these guidelines. Because we operate in a highly regulated industry, we may also, at our discretion, need to refrain from posting comments for a variety of reasons. As such, CFC must reserve its right to amend or change these guidelines at any time.
As one of the most trusted companies in the country, we want to be honest and transparent in our communication. Our guiding principle is the Golden Rule: “treat others as you would like to be treated.” It’s a simple rule and it has served us well. As such, we trust that you’ll do the same. While you’re on our Facebook page, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines when contributing:
- Don’t do anything that breaks the law.
- Be respectful, even if you disagree. Name calling, profanity, fighting words, discriminatory epithets, sexual harassment, bullying, threats of violence or the like, will not be tolerated.
- Stay on topic. Keep the conversation relevant to the community and contribute to the dialogue. We reserve the right to remove off-topic, out of context, spam or promotional postings.
- Keep it real. All wall postings should come from a real person and Facebook profile. Postings from fake or anonymous profiles will be deleted when discovered.
- We reserve the right to remove content posted to Facebook that violates these guidelines. Because we operate in a highly regulated industry, we may also, at our discretion, need to refrain from posting comments for a variety of reasons. As such, Cincinnati must reserve its right to amend or change these guidelines at any time.
- We monitor this page and may communicate and address conversations as needed. Some of these discussions may require an outside communication avenue. Cincinnati reserves the right to delete, modify or share content posted by users.
Third-Party or User Content
Any party other than CFC must identify itself when providing content to any Site. Content posted by users, including but not limited to, bloggers, on a Site is not reviewed or verified by CFC for accuracy or completeness and may not represent the opinions or ideals of CFC. CFC does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any statements or claims posted; any information displayed, uploaded, downloaded or distributed through a Site by any user or any other person or entity; and is not responsible for and does not endorse any user provided content. CFC hereby disclaims responsibility and liability for any content and opinions expressed by others on any Site including but not limited to, content or opinions regarding any products or services mentioned on a Site. CFC hereby disclaims liability for any damages or losses, direct or indirect, that may result from use of or reliance on information contained on a Site. Tweeting or re-tweeting a post on any Site whether by users or CFC shall not implicitly or explicitly endorse or approve such post.
Information posted on a Site is in the public domain. If you post information on a Site, you do so at your own risk. You are solely responsible for the content that you post. By posting content on a Site, you warrant that you have permission to post the content on such Site.
We may monitor the Sites but we are not obligated to police them. In our sole discretion, we may refuse, move or remove any user content submitted to a Site and we may terminate, limit, block or suspend any user’s access to all or any part of a Site at any time and for any reason whatsoever, without notice or liability, including without limitation, your breach to this Agreement. We may also change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the services provided on a Site at any time without any notice or liability, including the availability of any feature, blog, data base or content.
Limitation of Liability
CFC is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any person who uses a Site or your reliance on the information from any Site. Your use of any Site is at your own risk. CFC specifically disclaims any liability, whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to, use of or reliance on any Site (even if CFC or a CFC representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages) or that arise in connection with mistakes or omissions in, or delays in transmission of, information to or from the user, interruptions in telecommunications connections to a Site or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property, whether caused in whole or in part by negligence, acts of God, telecommunications failure, theft or destruction of, or unauthorized access to a Site. This limitation of liability may be different in connection with specific products and services offered by CFC. Some states do not allow the limitation of liability, so the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold CFC, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and its and their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, consultants, agents and other representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, demands, liabilities, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of this agreement, including any violation of the Terms and Conditions; (b) any allegation that any content or other materials you submit to us or transmit to the Sites infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or (c) your activities in connection with the Sites.
Return to top of page