Reduce Losses From Auto Accidents
Auto accidents are serious and costly. They can cause injuries, some of
which result in permanent disability or even death. Costs also include damage
to vehicles and property, lost work time for injured employees, lost
productivity and third-party liability.
These simple suggestions may help you reduce losses from auto accidents:
- Allow only insured and qualified drivers with good driving records to
operate your company’s vehicles.
- Limit your drivers’ personal use of company vehicles.
- Implement safe driving practices and procedures to help control your auto
- Review your drivers’ motor vehicle records periodically to determine if
additional training is necessary.
- Implement and enforce a policy to address the use of electronic devices,
including cell phones, while vehicles are in motion.
- Require and verify that adequate insurance is in place for personal
vehicles that are used for company business.
- Create a driver training program, giving your drivers the knowledge and
skills to safely drive your company’s vehicles.
- Give your drivers a road test before they drive your company’s
- Provide an incentive program to encourage your drivers to drive
- Properly maintain your company’s vehicles.
- Develop a required daily maintenance checklist for your drivers to
complete. This provides you with a written report of any problems and the
opportunity to fix them.
- Establish accident analysis procedures, helping management to determine the
cause of accidents and to avoid future problems.
Contact an Agent
Cincinnati Insurance serves you exclusively through a select group of
independent agencies that perform as premier insurance organizations in their
local communities. To obtain a quote, report a claim or learn more about
the value of Cincinnati's insurance policies and reliable claims service,
please find your local independent
agency today. Coverage and credit availability varies by state.
Underwriting requirements apply. This is not a policy.
Our loss control service is advisory only. We assume no responsibility for
management or control of customer loss control activities or for implementation
of recommended corrective measures. These materials were gathered from trade
services and public information. We have not tried to identify all exposures.
We do not warrant that this information is consistent with Cincinnati
underwriting guidelines or with any federal, state or local law, regulation or